Remember the famous quote, “ First impression is the last impression.” Yes, that very quote has a lot to do with the prevailing app market. The market is flooded with more and more apps each day and the users are more than willing to welcome them, but only those apps that function effectively. It is suggestive that the question is not about merely releasing an app, but the entire juncture is to deliver one quality app that users would love to indulge in for rest of their lives for witnessing flawless performance of the app at every stage. Now how would that happen? The key to accomplish the latter is, to conduct effective Functional testing.
Functional testing is only one of many activities that collectively comprise a comprehensive testing strategy. Depending on the needs and expectations, different testing activities such as performance testing, load testing, and security testing are considered while conducting mobile app testing.
Let us churn out the reasons that suggest the importance of Functional testing for mobile app testing. It confirms Quality Factor:
While conducting Functional Testing
, testers are able to analyze individual pieces of an application within the context of the entire application. A functional tester looks at a particular item, identifies integration points between that item and other parts of the application, and then formulates a plan of how to inspect those points. Hence, this in depth process of examining an app confirms the existence of quality factor, which helps create a bond between the user and the developer. It would be any developers nightmare to see users abandoning their app in order to reach out to a more efficient app. It is certain that users are looking out for quality and delivering them with the same creates a win-win situation at both the ends. Experiencing the ‘user experience’:
Functional testing makes sure that there are no such existing errors or factors in the app that would lead to any sort of discomfort at the users’ end at any point of time. The testing is proven effective as the testers expose the app to a group of people who accurately represent your potential user base. These users can identify and report the issues to the testers. This process takes place even before your customers have the chance to see them. As a result, a flawless app is created to be greeted by the users.
To sum up, the foremost purpose of Functional testing is to deliver quality and user friendly applications in the initial stage itself, so as to win the users’ hearts; which in return helps achieve the goals of the business. Openxcell Technolabs with the backing of strong functional testers offer proficient Mobile Application Testing Services India.
Openxcell believes in providing simplified mobile application testing services to the potential application developers. Apart from application testing, they offer efficient web application testing, e Commerce testing and Game testing services.
Knox did not really take off to become a significant enterprise mobile security solution. Read more!
Knox has been around for quite a while which is one of the prominent mobile security solution based on android. Recently Apple has added a number of enterprise features that are brilliantly done and looks promising for the future. But on the other end Knox was out before Apple published their enterprise features with iOS7. Knox has been able to generate a lot of attention for android app developers
and the enterprise market. However, till date the knox ecosystem has not really expanded on a considerable scale. There are various reasons for it.
One of the most important factor that lead to a limited distribution of Knox is the direct control of carriers to enable the service or not. This creates a significant threshold for both enterprise and users to have the service at their convenience. On to is the carriers would also determine the devices that would be allowed to run Knox. Till date only a handful of samsung devices have been added into the list and samsung is not the only android smartphone seller in the market. There are other seller in the market too and this creates an asymmetry and unwillingness for corporations and service providers.
In addition to this one cannot simply employ the EAS protocol to run the show here. Knox requires its own mobile server and that does not come for free. One has to pay for every device connected to the system. Moreover most of the MDMs have not really teamed up with samsung which indicates a serious activity in this direction.
The problem increased since last fiscal as samsung did not register an enthusiastic growth. While in the US it lost the race to apple this year, in countries like india, local brands along with Sony and HTC have taken a considerable part of the market. In such a scenario, knox cannot fill up samsung’s pocket alone. But on the other hand google can surely think of coming up with something that takes into account a large number of android devices.
iOS7 is out with some exciting features but what are the pros and cons of iOS7. Read more!
iOS 7 has come with many critical changes and it has shaken up the iOS development community as well. For iPhone app developers, there are thousands of new APIs to work with and that is an enthusiastic thing for them. However, despite advantages there are a lot of challenges that iPhone app development companies
are facing as they are shifting their development standards to iOS7. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of development on iOS7. Advantages of iOS7
- The user interface of iOS 7 is simple and looks clean and vivid. Navigation is better as compared to iOS6.
- Makes developers more efficient while making apps. Avoiding skeuomorphic design lays emphasis upon the idea of the app and the the design. Development is much faster than its previous versions.
- iOS 7 comes with better processing power that enhances the performance of the device. Developers can surely churn out a lot for their apps too.
- iOS7 has better GL rendering facility that gives it better graphic processing speed which is obviously advantageous to graphic intensive apps.
- iOS7 comes with pathbreaking enterprise features that can trigger massive enterprise app development for iOS. Separate management of general and enterprise apps is great and could help developers explore this domain with ease.
Disadvantages of developing for iOS7
- iOS7 comes with the best security features will date which is valuable for users and app development companies too.
- iOS 7 has included a fundamental change pertaining to the resolution of the screen. The iOS7 interface has done away with the black bar for notifications and hence the resolution of the screen has changed too. it creates issues while creating apps for iOS7.
- Although a large number of users with older Apple devices have shifted to iOS7, a lot of people might still choose to remain happy with the older OS only. The reason is iOS7 is not fluid on iPhone 4.
- App migration from earlier version of iOS to iOS7 is difficult and need a little rework.
- Many APIs supplied with iOS7 are not yet complete with their documentation which hinders development process.
- The shift from skeuomorphic design has actually challenged the visualization skills of designers who have are adapted to real life design for previous versions of iOS.
There are approximately 500 apps being added daily to the existing 500,000 plus apps available in the global mobile application market. In a market that is estimated to be worth $25 billion by 2015, grabbing attention has become the ultimate goal and this is purely dependable on strategizing app marketing
and its tim ely execution.
There are varieties of app marketing tactics which can be incorporated to your mobile app marketing
strategy to drive demand and installs for your apps through advertising. However, these various strategies which helps reaching critical mass through mobile advertising campaigns require significant financial resources. The good news is, app developers need not solely depend on in-app advertising and other mobile advertising to build an audience and drive demand for their apps as there are many cost-effective (or even free) options to use social media to make apps more successful.
Let us find out how can an App benefit by incorporating social media to its App marketing strategy?
- The most prominent benefit of advertising your app via social pages is that, you don’t need to invest large sums of money, already after having invested in generating your app.
- These social networks are truly capable of building an audience over time regardless of the size or financial resources of the app.
- If the resources of these social pages are used correctly and accurately then it is possible to create a large strength of fans whose collective promotional efforts and word-of-mouth can compete the largest mobile advertising campaign.
- Incorporating one of a kind content on the social networks that interests the users to engage more and more leads towards your goal to create a buzz around your app and thereby attract downloads.
- This one of a kind content of your app when promoted across all channels, with the big four essentials being Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin, tends to give a solid thrust to your app marketing followed by astonishing results.
- It is considered that the best way to acquire a social media following is to integrate Facebook and Twitter directly into your app, so that when your users like and follow your app, it instantly becomes a gateway to attract more people and attain maximum visibility.
- Through social media you can also reward the users with virtual currency for connecting with your app- it simply gives one more reason for the rest of the mass to connect with you.
- It is equally essential to network with app review sites and other relevant blogs and online communities as they play a crucial role in promoting your app, and at the same time they generate useful feedback on how to improve your app features.
- It would be silly to underestimate the video tutorials as they turn out highly influential by demonstrating the benefits that your app offers to the users along with keyword optimized text.
- Get this fact right- There are 93% of marketers using social media for business. This figure is enough to believe that a well-planned strategy for marketing your app via social media can actually help to climb the ladder of success.
Targeting Social Media isn’t a cakewalk for app developers, it requires long-term engagement and connection and an investment of time and attention to receive noticeable rewards. However, every mobile app marketing company
is now coming up with unique app marketing strategies, making it more than easy for the apps to reach the top.
“Word of mouth is the best medium of all.” -This stands as a testament to the current eCommerce scenario. As the eCommerce sector has encountered an increasing number of big players in the market followed by huge client base, the Referral method is being given immense of importance and is being followed rigorously in the recent past. No wonder this referral programmes have managed to grab a sustainable place as they simply help to convert customers’ loyalty into more visibility and sales.
Now the reason behind its sustainability has some accurate facts to be considered. According to a recent study, the possibility of new buyers purchasing from a business is four times higher if someone refers them to the store and also that they produce 25% more profit margins. However, formulating and implementing a referral system all together is a hideous process. To implement a successful referral program requires spending a lot of time and resources. But the necessity of implementing referral system has gone up to such an extent, that it has eventually created an all new business opportunity in the market of generating the best Referral system software for generating referred customers that leads to the eCommerce development india. Let us have a look at the best 5 Referral system softwares that are making a difference to every eCommerce development company in the market
. 1)Curebit Referral System:
Curebit is one of the best software app that drives eCommerce growth with customer referrals. Curebit's referral system allows you to translate your existing customers' passion for your product into new customer growth. Its working is simple. The Curebit application lets your existing customers to promote your store to their friends through Facebook, Twitter, or Email. When a customer makes a purchase at your store, give them a deal to share with friends on your thank you page. Reward your customer with cash back or discount on next purchase, when their friend buys. 2)Referralcandy:
With Referralcandy app you can run a fully automated, customizable and easy to integrate referral program. It lets you Send an email to customers or show a pop up after they make a purchase, include a link in your newsletters, manually invite them through the ReferralCandy dashboard or invite them in bulk through a CSV upload. The participants get to change their reward preferences, see the rewards they've earned and choose how often they'd like to receive updates regarding your referral program. 3)Ambassador:
Nextbee as a dynamic platform incorporates sharing capability directly into your order confirmation page. With one click, customers can tell all their Facebook friends or Twitter followers what they just purchased on your site. You can incentivize sharing further by providing customers with unique referral codes; every time one of their friends makes a purchase by following their link, you can reward the referrer with prizes, discounts, cash back or coupons. 5)Infusionsoft:
Infusionsoft targets the small business and help them increase their sales through various factors. It offers referral system in the form of Automated campaigns, Email marketing, Landing page and web forms, Web activity monitoring and most importantly it helps turn likes into leads with the help of Social Lead Generation.
Openxcell is one of the certified mobile app development company that use the latest technology to build mobile apps. We have experieced and skillful mobile app developers, Develop the mobile apps at very competitive price. Openxcell is innovative and creative mobile app development company that turn your dream app into reality.
iOS or Android? Which one outshines the other and why? This is the most hyped up debate prevailing within the wireless industry today. Undeniably, both iOS and Android are grand mobile platforms. They both tend to have quite a room for improvement and different takes on what matters to the consumers. However, there are separate clusters of people who feel one surpasses the other. Now without creating ruckus, let us find out the meaningful differences between prominent features of iOS7 and Android by paying attention to informative factual data that will rationally assist you in deciding which one weighs higher.Interface:
Touch interfaces are a common thing between both iOS and Android with features like swiping, tapping and pinch-and-zoom. iOS and Android when rebooted, show up the homescreen just like the computer desktop. An Android lets you use widgets that display auto-updating information such as weather and email while the iOS homescreen only contains rows of app icons. Yet, the iOS user interface features a doc where users are allowed to pin their regularly used applications.User experience:
Now this count majorly, hence a factual data will direct us better. According to Pfeiffer Report released in September 2013
iOS rates significantly better than Android on cognitive load and user friction. The report reveals that iOS 7 rates as high as 73.25, iOS 6 is rated at 70 followed by Android (Samsung) at 57.25.Apps available on iOS v/s Android:
If we compare the quantity of the apps on both the platforms they end up being same and equally impressive. Currently both the operating systems claim to have more than 800,000 third-party programs for their respective platform. This suggests iPhone app development and Android app development are prospering at a fast pace in their respective operating systems
. The next question arises is who serves better apps? This is a bit tricky one as app quality is inherently subjective. However, in data published in a readwrite story in January, it said that the average iOS app, with a score of 68.5, is superior to the average Android app, at 63.3.Software upgrades:
Even though Google claims to update Android frequently, it may have happened that users might not have received the updates on their phones. The phone manufacturers decide whether and when to offer software upgrades. Even when an upgrade is offered, it happens to be generally after several months after the release of the new version of Android. On the other hand, iOS users have an advantage as the updates are usually available to all iOS devices excluding exceptional devices older than three years.Platform selling maximum smartphones:
According to a research carried out by Kantar Worldpanel Comtech during mid- November to mid- February shows Android phones outshining the iPhone by a hefty margin of 52.1 percent to 43.5 percent.Web Browsing:
While android uses Google Chrome as its web-browser, iOS uses safari. Both Internet browsers are alike in quality and abilities and while Google Chrome is also available for iOS, Safari is not available for Android. The monthly stats published by NetMarketShare on which browsers and operating systems are being used on the Net has given a report for March 2013 which says that among mobile devices, iOS rules with 60.1 percent share. While, Android lands at 24.9 percent. Considering that there are more Android devices out there, the data denotes that iOS users are excessively active online.Security:
This factor holds a lot of importance at the user-end. The Android applications are inaccessible from the rest of the system’s resources, unless a user specifically grants an application access to other features. However, for Android there exists a much extensive malware where text messages are sent to premium rate numbers without the knowledge of the user. While for iOS malware writers are less likely to write apps, due to Apple's review of all the apps and verification of the identity of app publishers.
To conclude every individual of course, are entitled to come to a different conclusion according to their personal experience and choices. The truth is both OS have their own pros and cons and each OS tends to outshine the other on different factors, which still leads the debate further.
Creating a mobile app is just not enough these days while there are almost 1,500,000 apps existing in the app store trying to make their presence felt in the market. In this obvious cut throat scenario prevailing in the market, app advertising
serves as a crucial phenomenon. However, the term “marketing” is vast enough to categorize various methods of marketing to accomplish App store optimization
To elaborate, there exists classic traditional way of Marketing and then there is this latest marketing technique of direct-to-customer conversations through social networks which involves a hefty usage of infographics and viral marketing. Now the question is which of the above two methods or techniques will work promisingly in getting people to spread the word and purchase your app? Let us find out!
One cannot deny the fact that the conventional way of marketing that includes print ads, radio and TV commercials, direct mail, point-of-purchase, PR and even banner ads have been acknowledged by sellers since ages. And they are still prevalent as they stand true to certain group of sellers. However, App marketing is certainly about grabbing the attention of the smartphone generation; the generation that is an ardent user of the thriving social websites and communities on the internet. It is suggestive that the ways to reach out to the right people at right place has changed with the time. With a large mass plying on the internet has compelled every App marketing company
to conspire an effective way of marketing, which as a result has given birth to two major means namely Infographics and viral marketing.
Now, let us churn out the main reasons that ascertain the appliance of Infographics and viral marketing for App marketing. How does Infographics serve in promoting your app?
Benefits of viral marketing in endorsing your app
- Remember, a good infographic is worth a thousand words.
- An infographic can truly serves as a visual walkthrough of all the aspects of an app.
- A visual representation communicates much faster and easily, which in a way saves time.
- Infographics work great in search engines, if someone publishes your infographic and provides a link back to your app, you succeed.
- It's easy and much more fun to share infographics because they are attractive and can easily be shared on social networks. This increases the chances of them going viral.
- By adding the logo of your app in Infographics increases brand awareness.
- As more and more people are interacting via social network, viral marketing is serving as a best mean to provide information about your app from one Internet user to another.
- Viral marketing has found a large number of target audiences for app marketing on the internet.
- Viral marketing allows greater reach with lower financial cost.
- A primary aim of viral marketing campaign is greater visibility of the App.
- With a well performed awareness campaign, Viral marketing leads to increase downloads of the apps, followed by higher conversion and thereby earning reputation.
- Finally, we cannot fail to mention the ease with which you can implement a viral marketing strategy.
Need assistance marketing your mobile app with the above mentioned strategies? Openxcell Technolabs devotedly provides Mobile App Marketing services
and Mobile App Development Services.
iPhone5S twice more prone to app crashes compared to iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C due to hardware problems, However app developers are now trying to catch up.
The iPhone5S has been widely acclaimed by iPhone App development Companies and iPhone App developers for its pathbreaking features
as the Touch ID and phenomenal 64-bit A7 processor and M7 coprocessor. However latest reports by Critterism has literally revealed serious chinks in the armor. The iPhone 5S although acclaimed to be the latest, fastest and greatest iPhone ever, has been experiencing its fair of serious issues of bugs and app crashes. The iPhone 5S reportedly faces more app crash than its predecessor iPhone 5 or older models of the tech giant’s flagship product. While app crashes are a common occurrence when there’s an up gradation, the higher rate of app crashes in iPhone 5S has indeed made everybody stand and take notice.
According to research released by Crittercism, A leading mobile app performance monitoring company, where-in it monitored hundreds of millions of apps launched since iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S became available. The apps running on iPhone 5S crash twice as often as the same apps on iPhone5, Iphone5C or other models. Critterscism claims that the Apple iPhone 5S has a crash rate that is twice that on iPhone 5 and iphone 5C. Thus while the usual rate for app crashes on iPhone is a little under 1 percent, the rate on the iPhone 5S is closer to 2 percent. Another common issue reported has been linked to multitasking on the iPhone 5S is the frequent occurrence of the bug called ‘blue screen of death’ (BSOD) that appears on the iPhone screen. The iPhone app developers at Openxcell, The leading Off-Shore iPhone app development Company
too tested apps on both iPhone 5S and iPhone 5 and found noticeable amount of crashes. In some cases there were springboard crashes that were absolutely annoying. It was also noticed on multiple occasions that iPhone 5S crashed and booted itself randomly. At times it just crashed to give the blue screen of death (BSOD) when our developers attempted multi tasking.
A major reason to the issue is attributed to the fact that while the developers just had the iOS 7 software to check the apps for compatibility during the several months of beta testing, but they had no clue about the latest iPhone 5S hardware of 64- bit A7 chip and M7 co-processor that powers the iPhone 5S. The developers were indeed taken by surprise with the launch of the 64-bit architecture A7 processor and the M7 coprocessor. Since iPhone 5C and iPhone5 share the same A6 chip and are nearly identical, internally, the two flagship models performed the same and continue to offer a seamless experience. Thus because the developers were unable to check compatibility with the new 64-bit A7 processor on the latest iPhone 5S and its new 64 bit processor ahead of its launch even though testing for iOS 7 on 32-bit chips had been possible since the first beta was released at the Apple’ Annual worldwide developers Conference in June, There have emerged certain transition challenges which shall be soon resolved.
Crittercism CEO Andrew Levy also has reassured iPhone app developers and iPhone App development companies that “The good news is that Apple is certainly aware of issues. They’ve pushed out two iOS updates for iOS7…Apple is dong a really old job of addressing these issues as they come up.” The Cupertino based giant has since the iPhone 5S launch last month redesigned and optimized a number of noteworthy apps, and the trends is set to follow. Although this is an inevitable problem with each release of hardware or new operating system, it has been surprising to see app crash at such a higher rate. While Apple has already released two new updates to the iOS, iPhone app developers and iPhone app development company eagerly look forward to the launch of iOS 7.0.3 expected on November 22 to overcome the transition challenge.
With an increased number of eCommerce merchants generating online stores, the usage of web as an eCommerce platform has considerably augmented in past few years. These e-commerce sites are considered both business critical and highly visible to their users which have made it crucial for the online merchants to conduct eCommerce Website testing
that includes performance testing, usability testing, functional testing, cross-browser testing and many more.
There are some definite factors that ascertains the significance and existence of eCommerce Testing
. To elaborate it, we have separated them into 3 divisions. To gain large number of satisfied clientele
- It is every retailer’s dream to gain sufficient number of satisfied customer base and it only becomes possible when the website is optimized according to the customer’s need. For instance, the goal-oriented customers exit e-commerce websites immediately if they cannot find the products in their shopping list. Hence, conducting an eCommerce testing
gives a real insight of how customers want to be treated when visiting a retailer's website as well as ensures the optimal deliverance of the website by micro examining its performance and usability from the customer’s point of view. To ensure the website’s stability on different devices/browsers
- Now this is a crucial factor that makes us count eCommerce website testing
as an indispensable characteristic. Let us suppose that the retailer considers making changes by reviewing the same in the default browser and determined that the change was acceptable. Alas! That change may not appear the same on Chrome as it does on Internet Explorer. The problem even gets bigger if the changes are made in important features like shopping cart settings. Hence, cross- browser testing proves fruitful at this stage. To surpass all the potential errors, every retailer should consider testing the performance and stability of their website by considering the major browsers as shown in the analytics.
The next follows testing on different devices and the popular trend is to build a responsive website that adjusts automatically to the device screen size and resolution. This sounds good in theory, but not without performing testing on practical basis to accomplish the same. To serve a secure and an efficient website that assures better sales number
- Any online retailer’s foremost aim is to gain the trust and confidence of the users and the key to avail the same is by providing a secure and flawlessly working website. Especially while considering an eCommerce portal it is the responsibility of the websites to comply with regulations and protect online shoppers from identity theft. Hence, testing helps to keep a tab at regular intervals and guarantees that the user’s security is protected at every cost. This establishes a long lasting relation and coherently increases the reputation of the eCommerce portal with improved sales at a long run.
Now establish a successful online store as Openxcell serves optimal eCommerce testing services India
. Openxcell Technolabs as one of the leading Software Development Company provides full-fledged QA Services and Testing Services with skilled QA professionals functioning at the back end.