In this article, we will go through the top interactive mobile app designing trends that can give a proper and user-friendly UI to the users.
- Conversational Design
- The conversational design is the fastest growing trend of the year 2018.
- A study by com Score says that the average mobile user only uses three apps on a regular basis, and one of those is definitely a messaging app.
- There is no doubt that chatting is a big part of the mobile world and that it is bound to make an impact on UI design.
- Therefore it is no surprise that voice-activated assistants and AI-powered chat bots are so popular.
- Just like Google’s virtual assistant that mimics human voice and bots like Lara designed for Facebook Messenger that use AI to help singles find true love online, the conversational design trend is boosting user expectations at an amazing speed.
- As artificial intelligence technology is getting more and more sophisticated, the conversational design is reaching a completely new level.
Read Too: 5 Unique Approaches to Mobile App Porting
2. Micro Interactions
- When micro-interactions gets a great boost user engagement if executed well.
- Basically, micro-interactions, are visual feedback that gives in response to an action that a user takes.
- A pull-to-refresh action type of indicator in a chat window is a micro-interaction.
- This trend is popular among the UX designers who are working hard to seamlessly create micro interactions into their product’s platform to create a better experience.
- Micro-interactions have the power to engage and delight users on a more emotional, human level.
3. Simplified User Flow
- Simplified user flow means creating a linear user experience that has a beginning, middle, and end that can make the user journey significantly simpler and enjoyable.
- Users appreciate this trend as it allows them to complete one action with each step, as it provides a much better idea of how long the process will take before they can move on to the next step.
- Designing linear, simplified user flows is advantageous for both the user and the business.
4. Color As A Functional Element
- Color is one of the most powerful and essential tools in a designer’s toolkit.
- In modern mobile apps, color is much more than purely artistic purposes. It can even be a part of the functional user experience.
- For instance, color can help mobile app designers draw the attention of the users to specific parts of UI.
- Nothing draws the eye more than a vibrant color palette.
- Mobile app designers are now picking vibrant colors not only for the aesthetics but also for a functional element to visually separate different interactions.
- When it comes to appealing the user experience, various colors are UX designers’ go-to trick
5. Decluttered Content-Centered Experience
- UX/UI designers are going back to the basics by taking off all the visual clutter that is obscuring comprehension and creating friction.
- Creating a clean user experience is another big trend of this year.
- Designers are taking exploring different ways to improve user interface design.
- Decluttering is a popular technique in the field.
- By clearing away all the background noise and prioritizing the most important information as well as building a clear visual hierarchy, UI/UX designers are finding new methods to communicate their message.
- Minimalist designs, the hierarchy of instinctive content, and color contrast are the most essential aspects of a decluttered content-focused experience that UX designers are striving for this year.
Read Too: The 7 Most Exclusive Mobile App Marketing Trends For 2018
6. Video Consumption
- As the consumption of video is rapidly accelerating brands need to find ways to win and maintain users’ attention for longer than the average attention span.
- Formats like live broadcasts and 360-degree videos satisfy user expectations and fit the portrait orientation.
- Video-based UI is highly popular as users are becoming more and more addictive to video content format on the web.
- Personalized user experience has become common as the users often expect the brands they interact with to know what they want.
- It is something that is constantly improving, evolving, and getting more sophisticated.
- Making use of location data to provide timely content that is relevant, is one of the top methods to create a personalized user experience.
- Custom-made user interfaces are all about individual user preferences, such as video volume, font size, or personalized color scheme.
- It is likely to become part of the personalization package in the near future.
The mobile industry is developing and pushing the boundaries of how to create an interactive user experience. The mobile app designers and UI designers are coming up with new, innovative and creative techniques that grasp user needs and timely achieve technological needs. The mobile app development companies, like OpenXcell, has a team of talented designers who are the best in the business when it comes to delivering interactive mobile app experience.