In this article, we will have a look at top iOS application development trends that will be massive in the coming year of 2019.
1. IoT And Wearable Devices
- According to the prediction of Cisco, we will have 50 billion Internet-connected devices across the world by 2020.
- iOS app development trends are incomplete without the mention of IoT devices.
- All the IoT devices generally work via their companion apps, which means that for every IoT device there is a unique app.
- With the launch of Apple’s HomeKit, the iOs app developers can take the next step to IoT device development and home automation.
- HomeKit will help iOS app developers in building apps that can easily connect with IoT devices.
- Imagine mobile devices and IoT and mobile devices talking to each other and sharing information.
- One can switch off a light, turn on the AC or even lock doors with one voice command to Siri on the device.
- IoT innovation is the next logical step in the home and office automation.
2. Apple Pay
- Majority of the apps in the app store need payment integration for products or services.
- For this purpose, some of the apps accept 3rd party payment apps and while some accept credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- For iPhone users, there is a universal mode of online payment, i.e; Apple Pay.
- Apple Pay can change the entire perspective of future money transaction for iPhone users.
- One can use Apple Pay for any type of payment be it food ordering, online shopping, ticket booking, table reservations, or bank payments.
- All Apple devices like iPad, iPhone, desktops, MacBooks, and iWatches, support Apple Pay.
- The best thing about Apple Pay is its security. When you are using Apple Pay, you do not need to save your credit card or debit card details.
3. Core Machine Learning
- Machine Learning is a sub-type of Artificial Intelligence, that uses statistical techniques to make computer systems learn about the data and user.
- Machine Learning has the ability of a program or system to adapt to new data independently, without any input given to its programming.
- Apple launched a framework, Core Machine Learning, which can build apps across various Apple devices.
- This framework can create apps that are very fast and highly responsive as compared to general iOS apps.
- Core Machine Learning (Core ML) mainly shines in its integration with Siri, iPhone camera, and Quick Type.
- Core ML has been a name in iOS-based game app development with AI-enabled apps accessing voice recognition and face detection technologies, for last two years.
- With such advancements, Core Machine Learning is going to be a huge iOS application development trend for 2019.
4. iOS App Security
- With every passing year, the hackers are coming up with more advanced ways of hacking the systems and Apple is continuously improving their security to keep their attacks at bay.
- For Apple, its platform security is not just an iOS app development trend but a mandatory aspect while releasing new updates.
- Apple made, App Transport Security mandatory for every newly published iOS app to secure customers data.
- Every app that runs on iPad or iPhone can only read and write files inside a virtual glass case that the OS creates for it.
- Attempts to access data outside of this glass case is rejected.
- This gives the apps only one channel to interact with each other with Apple’s approval.
- Besides this, nowadays, Apple has a two-factor authentication rule prevalent for almost all iOS apps.
- In addition to this, all the in-built security features of iPhone are also updated to withstand any new age cyber threats.
5. Artificial Intelligence And Siri
- Artificial Intelligence is attracting brilliant minds and rich businessmen.
- If we talk about Apple, Siri is the AI-based assistant that every Apple device user gets.
- Siri is a very big reason why people choose iOS over Android.
- Apple released its latest SiriKit for iOS app developers to integrate Siri with their apps so that the user can access app features via Siri.
- The integration is possible for WatchOS apps and all iOS device apps.
- After the integration of Siri with the apps, you can find it in the new shortcut app section.
- SiriKit is also available for Apple’s Home Pod.
- Siri can understand requests given from the Home Pod and send those requests to the iOS device.
- Therefore, having an AI assistant integration with the apps is definitely going to be an iOS app development trend for 2019.
6. Mainstreaming Swift 4
- Swift is the official programming language created by Apple for iOS app development.
- It supports both iOS and Linux OS.
- In addition to this, it can also be pre-compiled for tvOS and macOS.
- Using Swift 4 for programming is one of the top iOS app development trend among the developers.
- It is a massive hit because of it’s easy to learn nature.
- Swift 4 is easily scalable and robust in security.
- It allows faster development of the apps and occupies very less device memory as compared to earlier versions of swift.
- Swift 4 has come with few significant improvements to the standard library with new features like serialization and archival.
With such amazing and advantageous trends coming up, one can say that 2019 is going to be a really big year for iOS app development. The growth in the iOS technology increases the demand of some alluring and user-friendly apps. There are iOS app development companies that serve with the best iOS app development services in the market. One such example is OpenXcell Technolabs, an outstanding iPad app development company with proficient iPad app developers.