As a newbie, getting recognition among the users is an important aspect. It requires a legitimate plan and well-researched action that can further give importance to your app’s representation in the app stores. In this article, let’s see how to enhance discoverability rate of apps to increase downloads by following the tricks of app store optimization (ASO).
Steps To Follow For App Store Optimization
1. Keyword Optimization
- Keyword research is the first essential step in ASO to get visibility.
- Choose keywords with a good balance between medium difficulty and high traffic.
- Keep your eye on your competitors’ keyword rankings to identify possible niches and opportunities to stand out from them.
- Makes use of keywords to determine the search strings for which the app will appear.
- To increase the organic traffic, use the allocated keywords.
- You can optimally repeat a keyword 5 times on the product page.
2. App Name
- For the best ASO results, coming up with a unique name for your mobile app is not enough. Using the right keyword in the title increases the chances of the app getting a higher rank by almost 10.3%.
- Title of the app store can only have up to 255 characters.
- The chosen title should have a positive impression on the customers and it requires the legitimate placement of keywords in it.
- For your app to be easily identifiable, the title must be short and interesting.
3. App Description
- The apps’ description should be customer focused.
- The description should have a call-to-action.
- The language should be simple and it must clearly state the benefits of downloading the app in the first three lines.
- With each new updates of the app, the description of it should change along with the screenshots.
4. Use of a Unique Icon
- It is essential to remember that both the Play Store and App Store have their own preset standards when it comes to the geometry of the icons which can match design elements of the rest of the OS.
- The app icon should be really catchy, as all eyes will be on it when the users find your app while searching or navigating the stores.
- It should be creative and unique.
- Irrespective of whether you are designing an icon for iOS or Android, the design must immediately convey what the app does.
5. Including Videos And Screenshots
- The video is one of the most powerful tools to convince users to download your app.
- Keep the video short, the first seconds are crucial in convincing users of your value and creating interest towards your product.
- Including screenshots may not affect the search rankings on an app store, but they do bring in the downloads.
- The advantage of having images is that they help in better describing the text to the target audience.
- The screenshots must portray the benefits of using the app.
6. Localizing the App Listing
- App publishers should adopt language and brand communication according to the preferences of the target audience.
- Speaking to the customers in their native language helps in convincing them to download your app.
- One must use localization services to convert the keyword, title, app’s description, and screenshots.
- Both the Play Store and App Store allows the localization of the app listing which helps in increasing the discoverability.
- This can increase the rate of downloads by more than 70%.
7. Regular Updation Of The App
- Customers are always looking for improvisations in the mobile apps for better user experience.
- Regularly updated are not just liked by customers but are also considered to be of higher value by the app store.
- Updating the app can even bring in better reviews which can turn into better ratings.
- The better the ratings, the higher are the chances of the app getting more downloads.
App Store Optimization is a continuous process, it is never a single-shot. Consistently testing, tracking, and tweaking your strategy ensures the best results and constant growth. The ASO takes time and effort to show you the result with higher search ranking. Make sure to include all the above App Store Optimization tricks to garner maximum benefit. For more help in optimizing your app store, you can contact mobile app developers of OpenXcell, an app marketing agency.