There’s nothing new that mobile app development companies in San Francisco are implementing for the business world. However, they are doing oodles of research work to bring out innovative features to impress clients and enhance user experience.
And, this conference brought various opportunities for them. Here is the list of major iOS 11 features that will bring radical changes in app development and designing area.
1. Natural Language Processing: Apple introduces Core ML, the machine learning framework allowing app developers to develop more intelligent apps writing a few code lines.
This framework supports Vision to detect images, Foundation for processing different languages and scripts, and Gameplay Kit for evaluating learned decision trees.
2. Sirikit: Siri will be in a new look and sound more natural in iOS 11. Apple has given its voice assistant a new UI that displays multiple results for a single request. Besides, Siri supports a few more international languages to help users for easy translation.
Sirikit is in the top list for many app developers in San Francisco as voice is giving hands free access to various apps when needed. For instance; messaging, photo search, phone call and now ride booking and personal payments via Apple Pay. App developers can integrate Siri in iOS apps and Apple watch apps using the API which is available in the developer version.
3. Barcode Recognition: With the next iOS camera, QR code scanning will become easy and there will be no need to install a third app for this. With the launch of iOS 11, the camera will read and capture the QR code and notify the users. It's a huge advantage for both the users and app developers.
There is no need for app developers to create another app for barcode scanning. This feature is readily available or say in-built in the iOS 11 camera.
4. Face Detection & Tracking: Apple introduces Vision framework to detect faces and facial features in real-time/ image handling. App developers can easily use this framework to build image based apps as it does not require same development skills which was needed in previous iOS sdks to develop same customised feature.
5. Object Tracking & Recognition: Vision Framework of Core ML has various elements hidden.Through this framework apps will be able to detect different types of objects and provide instant information to the users.
6. Handwriting & text Detection: With the use of machine learning, iOS 11 will be able to take handwriting and words on an image and translate them into text. For instance, you can take a snap of your notes and transform it into text. This feature has opened up ways to convert simple text into digital content offline.
7. The Magic of ARKit: A complete new look to upcoming apps using ARKit. It provides a set of framework that helps developers to create 3D experiences more interactive.
ARKit has three major components;
a) Virtual Inertial Odometry: It combines camera sensor data with Core Motion Data to track the world around it.
b) Scene Understanding & Lightening Estimation: it can analyse the view captured by the camera and detect various objects presented around. It also uses camera sensors to estimate the total light available and use the appropriate amount of lightening for virtual objects.
c) High Performance Hardware and Rendering Optimizations: These processors enables fast scene understanding and helps you create appealing content on the top of real world scenes.
8. Push Notifications: Push Notifications are much more advanced than what we used to think. View and act on notifications without unlocking screens. For instance; chatting with friends without opening whatsapp and can view the current chat history within the notification.
This feature has a private option too that disables the third person to view your notification without unlocking the screen. For app developers, to implement this feature is a bit challenging one as they have to work on new experiences and use of notification outside the app.
9. New Compiler for Swift: The 3 years old Swift will get a new compiler that will enhance the build times (compile times) and file indexing which are the constant sources of complaints. If developers are thinking that this new compiler will save their time and cost then it’s definitely not going to happen. Yes, with this, the demand of Swift will certainly increase.
10. Drag and Drop: This new feature enables you to quickly move text, images and files from one app to another. Simply tap, hold and drag the content. Interesting part of this feature is its multi-touch functionality and spring-loading. Multi-touch functionality lets you select multiple items by tapping. And, spring-loading lets you copy the content and drag it to the app icon listed either on the Home Screen or Dock.
iOS 11 is a real gift that can open new doors for mobile app development companies to innovate apps with a new look and awesome experience. Yes, you need to wait for it to get launch. Bydway, the beta version is getting released this July. Don’t miss and take a tour.